FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shaders

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Salima Nesbitt
Shaders
on Jan 2, 2009 at 3:46:08 pm

Hello,

I've downloaded some shaders from the web, and I'm not sure how to get them actually into Maya. I would think that there would be a folder somewhere to put them in, but I'm not sure. This is the first time I am doing this with Maya. Any thoughts??

Return to posts index

Lars Bunch
Re: Shaders
on Jan 2, 2009 at 6:13:09 pm

Hi,

Open the hypershade (under window>Rendering Editors). In its window menu, go to file>import This will let you import the shader.

Hope this helps,

Lars

Lars Jagatai Bunch
lars@larsbunch.com
http://www.larsbunch.com

Return to posts index

Salima Nesbitt
on Jan 3, 2009 at 3:26:21 am

I tried what you said and I get an error message, it says "Error have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss. Please check the _script_ editor for detalis".
Any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Lars Bunch
on Jan 3, 2009 at 3:44:13 am

Hi,

This isn't always a problem. I run into this sort of thing frequently and I just ignore it. Thus far I haven't had a problem, although it's probably a good idea to save the resulting file with a different name just in case something goes wrong.

What might be happening is that a shader node has the same name as a node you already have in your project file. Maya will usually assign a new name to prevent name space conflicts.

If the file seems to work and your computer doesn't burst into flames, you are probably okay.

Lars

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]