FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with maya dynamics

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amila Kumarasinghe
Problem with maya dynamics
on Dec 26, 2008 at 10:07:56 am

Sir,

I,m with a huge problem with maya for 3 weeks.

I had an idea about a gun bullet comes and hit the glass surface and break that window glass. I Tried to do it with a poly plane and maya shatter effect. but it's created debrise are not fullfill my idea.i want to break that glass with more realastic explode away, flush away rendom pieces of glasses(small and bog pieces) with more details.

Sir please help me.
I'm a HND student and want to make my idea realastic.

Please mail me a complete tutorial links or guidlines. . .

Please help me to resolve my problems. . .

Return to posts index

Adam Benson
Re: Problem with maya dynamics
on Dec 28, 2008 at 6:19:20 pm

Easiest thing would be to use multiple particle emitters. Keep your shatter effect, but add a couple layers of various particle glass. Maybe one particle emitter that puts out tiny fragments of shattered glass, and then another one that puts out medium sized pieces of glass. That way you can also control how "heavy" each of the various pieces are. There are certainly more complex ways to do it. You can have particles that also emit particles, and set Per Particle attributes that allow you to control the density and speed of each piece based on its size, but the easiest way would be to just add a couple of different particle effects.
Remember, rarely is anything in CG done all as one piece. Most often things are made up of layer after layer of "effect" to make the whole show.

Adam Benson
Visual Effects Artist/Musician/Sound Engineer/Editor
http://www.sleepdeprivedproductions.com

Return to posts index

Amila Kumarasinghe
on Dec 30, 2008 at 5:57:47 am

Thank You for your reply sir...

In my entire problem, when i create a shatter effect to a surface, I got some debris. I that debris are not fullfil my idea. Because that surface shattered with triangulated or squareed polygons.I want to make differant than it. i want to crack my surface like a real cracked glass. I heard a tool called Blastcode. But i havent enough money for spend that.

Sir, How can i break the glass like real one, and crack like real glass. . .

Hope your reply.
Thank you again sir.

Amila C.

Return to posts index

Adam Benson
on Dec 30, 2008 at 8:30:51 pm

One way to do it would be to physically cut your model into the shapes that you want to see. You can use the split-polygon tool to draw the fractures that you want to see happen when it breaks. Then select the new faces within the area you created with the split-polygon tool, and choose "Extract" from the Mesh menu. THEN apply your dynamics to each of those pieces. On top of that use each of these new pieces as particle emitters to emit smaller chunks of glass. The trick with this is that you will need 2 models. Your solid model and your fractured model.... Well, I guess you don't NEED them, but it would be smart. Then animated the visibility of the solid model and the fractured model just at the time they break so that the whole model is seen, and the fractured model is not seen, up unto the point that it breaks. Does that make sense?

Adam Benson
Visual Effects Artist/Musician/Sound Engineer/Editor
http://www.sleepdeprivedproductions.com

Return to posts index

paramveer rathi
on Mar 31, 2009 at 4:37:16 pm

bhaijaan simple apply shatter effect on ur poly object delete original thn it will be in different shatterd parts ok
then apply blast code plugin for maya for real explosion effect
play wid gravity ,velocity
& ENJOY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]