FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow Issues: Maya, Canon XH-A!, Premiere & After Effects!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Krauss
Workflow Issues: Maya, Canon XH-A!, Premiere & After Effects!
on Dec 15, 2008 at 7:31:57 pm

Hi all;
I was just hired to do a small training video about 20 minutes in length. I am the sole producer/staff on this job, and it will entail me doing all of the shooting, audio, still image 3d graphics and effects work. I have done some light work with all of the apps I have at my disposal--Adobe After Effects CS3, Illustrator CS3, Premiere CS3 and Maya 2008. I just picked up a new camera--a Canon XH-A1 that will be used for this production.
The video is meant to be watched on televisions at various store locations by staff. The client doesn't want/care about PC compatibility, so only a consumer player-friendly final DVD is needed.
I would like some advice on shooting format and general workflow as I am getting a bit nervous about these issues. I am thinking that the majority of viewers will be watching on a 16:9 television.

The good news is that I'm starting with a clean slate, so I am open to any suggestions on:
• Canon shooting mode
• Premiere and After Effects project and composition settings
• Maya rendering modes and settings for still images (no animation thank G_d)

Other than that I would like to thank anyone for their insights. As I have been reading, it seems that there are many pitfalls to avoid. What would you folks do or NOT do to make the project go as smoothly as possible!
PLEASE don't suggest other gear/software. I am stuck with what I have and must make a go of it regardless.

Thanks!

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]