FORUMS: list search recent posts

basic animate camera

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter lener
basic animate camera
on Dec 14, 2008 at 11:44:25 pm

i hve a spherfe and a curve around the sphere--i want the camera not the point of view of teh camera to be on the path

very very new to may--any help appreciated
peter

Return to posts index

Andrew VanWickler
Re: basic animate camera
on Dec 15, 2008 at 3:16:50 am

Select the camera and the curve.

Animate

Motion Paths

Attach to Motion Path

Andrew VanWickler

vanwyklr@3dvw.com

http://www.3dvw.com

Return to posts index

peter lener
Re: basic animate camera
on Dec 15, 2008 at 1:04:09 pm

andrew

figured it out!--i keep forgetting that i am using the maya learning edition on not the best hardware so things do get flaky--problem was solved by using the outliner to select the camera and the curve

i am familiar with most of the 3d concepts as i ahve plasyed around with the software but maya (I taking it in class only for fun)is somewhat of a pia as the menu trees are rather extensive--i looked at softimage ( i stumbled onto it looking a sgiggraph site)--tutorials basically show the same extensive menu trees--i would hate to learn a 3d package and have the technology advance to such a degree that a wholenew paradigm changes--problem then becomes taking the old and trying to fit it ino the new--things like "OH i can do that"--and use the old to create the new with tons of agida

my ultimate goal is to teach par time classes like an into to 3d graphics or basic maya ( all for fun)

thanks for your help and for listening

peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]