FORUMS: list search recent posts

Glass Reflections

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Kent
Glass Reflections
on Dec 9, 2008 at 4:35:07 pm

I have created a snow globe, with the ususal glass dome. When I render a still, I'm getting a grid-like reflection in the glass & I don't know where it's coming from. There is nothing else in the scene. Could it be the reflections of the various cameras (perspective, top, front, side)? Thanks, Karen

Return to posts index

Eric Bowman
Re: Glass Reflections
on Dec 9, 2008 at 8:52:53 pm

First thing I would look at is the shader. Make sure you do not have grid textures, ramps etc. connected to your material. And I know you said there's nothing in the scene, but you might check the placement of the cameras. I haven't had cameras render as 'reflector cards' before, but if the reflection you are seeing is lining up with the position of the camera, that would be a good place to look.

Usually I get this when I have white reflectors, or lights in the scene.

Eric Bowman

Return to posts index

Karen Kent
on Dec 10, 2008 at 2:13:41 pm

I rechecked, & there is nothing attached to my material & no lights in the scene (yet) aside from the defaults. The cameras are also in their default positions & the snow globe resides smack dab in the middle of the scene. It doesn't seem like the reflections would be from the cameras, but I really can't tell for sure.

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
on Dec 13, 2008 at 3:36:45 pm

HI Karen

I would be helpful if you can post a screen shot.

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Karen Kent
on Dec 15, 2008 at 2:38:11 pm

I've never uploaded an image before, so I hope this works.

a href='http://i1.creativecow.net/u/42470/cabinbaseball4.jpg'>

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
on Dec 15, 2008 at 3:35:45 pm

that's weird

maybe you have and environment ball in your shader, check the reflectivity attribute and see if it's connected to anything.

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Karen Kent
on Dec 16, 2008 at 8:01:04 pm

Not as far as I can tell. Surely it wouldn't be caused by the "place 3d texture" "circles" (sorry, don't know what to call them) in the scene, would it? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eric Bowman
on Dec 19, 2008 at 9:26:50 pm

It looks like you have a grid node connected to a material, similar to what Alvaro is saying. You have to have something in the scene or a material that is giving it that grid pattern. Open up hypershade and right click on the dome glass material, and select Graph Network. Hopefully something will show up here.

Alternatively I'd be happy to try and open your scene file on my machine to see if I can determine the cause.

Eric Bowman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]