FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya batch rendering

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
camryn Bonifacio
Maya batch rendering
on Dec 8, 2008 at 2:41:46 pm

hello,
this is my first post. and i have a problem. I am currently using Maya 2009 on a new desktop. Im trying to batch render and its taking a very long time to start rendering the next frame after the first. When i use mental ray to render a single frame, it renders in under 30 seconds. Now, no matter what setting i use in mental ray, when i try to batch render it renders the first frame, then it takes almost 10 minutes to do the next frame. I have tried to render just portions of my animation about 10 frames out of 2050 frames, but no matter what i get the same result. I have a friend with a laptop rendering the exact same animation, and its batch render is way faster.
thanks for any help

Return to posts index

siebe janssen
Re: Maya batch rendering
on Dec 12, 2008 at 6:53:52 pm

Are you on a network? Maya sometimes looks for other computers for network rendering and this can go wrong in some cases.. Try removing your internet cable before rendering!

Are your render settings okee? Try rendering out an animation of a polygon cube and make sure your render settings are okee.. Check if your settings (Common tab) are on

name#.ext

and

start frame: 1
end frame: 120

Hope it helps.. or try again in describing your problem..

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
on Dec 13, 2008 at 3:27:23 pm

Hi

Another thing you can try is to save your scene and go to file>optimize scene, as the warning states this is NOT undoable so save first in case some weird stuff happens, check the script editor for the report and try to render again.

hope that helps

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

matt tucker
on Jan 13, 2009 at 8:42:20 pm

I'm having the exact same issue while rendering an Ambient Occlusion (shader overrides on a rLayer)

Could someone give some more details regarding the way the render process looks for other (Satellite?) machines on the network? Is this just a hunch? What if you've explicitly disabled network rendering? And no, i'm not talking about unplugging the network cable, because that's obviously not very practical.

Also, does anyone know off hand if the settings in the Render/Batch Render[options] dialog are saved to that local machine until changed? (Particularly Memory Limit and Num Threads). I'm thinking of setting these options per blade on the farm... but if they're settings that are linked to the work-file, I won't have to bother.

-Thanks,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]