FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get jpeg image to show?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Salima Nesbitt
How to get jpeg image to show?
on Dec 2, 2008 at 10:27:22 pm

I made a badge in Maya and I was trying to place a PS image on it, but it won't show up. I see the connected files in the hpyershade window, but it doesn't show in the scene. I do see something if I rotate the image file in it's Attribute window it looks all squiggle. What I'm I doing wrong?
P.S. I at first made the outline of the badge using curves but it won't turn into a Planar shape??
Your help would be grateful..

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: How to get jpeg image to show?
on Dec 3, 2008 at 3:18:40 pm

I usually don't like using PSD as textures, I save the PSD as a master an make a TIF or PNG for the actual material in maya, try that

also check if you have uvs on your object, if you don't, add a planar mapping
and that should work.

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Eric Bowman
Re: How to get jpeg image to show?
on Dec 19, 2008 at 9:34:35 pm

make sure that when you created your material, you attached a PSD node instead of the regular image node. Took me a bit to find that PSD node for some reason when I started using PSD files.

I don't really agree with Alvaro though on using PSD files. I absolutely love them. You can save vector objects in them, use multiple alphas, plus you don't have to flatten the image and save an alternate version every time. I feel it makes me more efficient.

That being said, it doesn't really matter what you use as long as the final render is acceptable.

Eric Bowman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]