FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamic Effects: Lightning

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Gustafson
Dynamic Effects: Lightning
on Nov 15, 2008 at 12:57:44 am

Hey Guys,

I've been experimenting with the lightning dynamic effect in 2008, and I can't figure out how to do a few desirable things. The most important being changing the settings (including color) on the point light which is created by the effect. I have found the creation of a new surface shader can change the properties of the actual nurbs "bolt", but the small point light remains unaffected.
A few other minor questions that would be nice if you can answer:
- Is there a way to create more than a single bolt within the same dynamic effect; or must several be placed in the same location to achieve a multiple-bolt effect?
- What constraint, and where should it be applied, in order to keep the start and end points of the bolt facing each other during animation?

I've done modeling, texturing, and animation in Maya, but never worked with dynamic effects while rendering. Any help with these issues is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

~ Alex Gustafson

Aspiring Game Designer

Return to posts index

Brock Jolet
Re: Dynamic Effects: Lightning
on Jan 26, 2009 at 8:56:56 am

If you open up the Outliner after creating a default lightning between two objects, there should be a group named "Lightning1". Click to select it and expand the attributes editor. Click on the arrow next to "Extra Attributes" and you should have all the controls for the lightning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]