FORUMS: list search recent posts

many 3d apps on one pc

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikos Tsimpetonidis
many 3d apps on one pc
on Nov 8, 2008 at 7:30:08 am

hello everyone,
i'd like to ask some things about maya and some other 3d applications. I'll try to make it as fast as possible. i'm completely new in the 3d stuff, only thing i ever tried to do was a clock and an ancient column on 3ds max. but now that i have time i'm really looking forward to get going with 3d modelling, animation, and vfx.
I'm planning to use my works in my films, or video clips. Basicly i'm a musicologist and i mainly do film scoring, but sometimes also video editing and small movies of my own. So here are my questions:

1. i'm thinking of installing on my pc Maya 2008 or 2009, Cinema 4d and Houdini 9.5. The reason to do this is to use each applications capabilities so as to have a wide range of possibilities, meaning make a model in maya, take it to houdini for some details etc. my question is, will i have problems, crashes etc. if on my pc there will also be installed, Zbrush 3.1, Vue Xtream 6 (for Maya and Cinema 4d), Adobe CS3 Master,Autodesk Toxik 2008,Avid Liquid 7.2, Nuendo 3.2 and Pro Tools M-powered 7.4cs3 for audio (basicly i'm using Nuendo). Will i have compatibility issues or conflicts? i'm not planning to use several applications at the same time ofcourse.

2. I'm thinkning of using Renderman as my main renderer, so which version of Renderman should i use, that integrates with Maya 2009 or 2008, Houdini 9.5 and Cinema 4d R11?

3. What are the differences between Maya 2008 and Maya 2009, and which one should i go for and use?

My system specifications are:
Intel Quad core Q9300
Asus P5E MB
Asus EAH3870 X2 GPU
4GB RAM
four hard disks: two WD Raptor 150GB each (one has windows on), two Seagate Barracuda 500GB each, striped on Raid 0
two external hard disks,a WD 750GB, and a Turbo X 1TB
EMU 1820 and M-Audio delta 1010 lt soundcards (the EMU 1820 is my main one)
Windows XP Pro 32 bit SP2

I'm sorry for my long post, but i really need your help, cause i'm new in 3d stuff and somehow lost, so i tried to give as much details as possible.Also sorry if i post it in the wrong forum, if so, please some mod move my post to the right one. Thanks in advance for any help and info,

cheers,
Nikos Tsimpetonidis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]