FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie can't find render button and can't render wireframe

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Watkinson
Newbie can't find render button and can't render wireframe
on Sep 22, 2008 at 6:03:07 pm

When I click on render current camera in the Render menu in the Render View window, it just renders a single frame and not my whole animation. Am I in the wrong window? And how to I get Maya to render with the shading settings I've selected in the Shading menu ("wireframe on shaded" & "smooth wireframe")? All I could find in the archives was advice to use hardware render to get a wireframe then use After Effects to composite over a shaded render. I find it hard to believe that Maya can't handle rendering wireframe on shaded, but maybe I'm wrong.

Return to posts index

Mike York
Re: Newbie can't find render button and can't render wireframe
on Sep 25, 2008 at 7:56:56 pm

Hey David,

The approach you mentioned with layering your renders in After effects is actually a really good idea and that might be the way I would go about it. To have maya render your animation you have to do a "Batch Render" and save them as targa's and pull them in as a sequence into your editing program.

Hope this helps I have a little video tutorial I made for my students that shows how to set up a batch render I will see if I can find it laying around here.... :)

Return to posts index

David Watkinson
on Sep 27, 2008 at 5:32:39 am

Thanks for the help! I found batch render and got it working. And now I'm trying to figure out how to render animatons in wireframe. I can render a single frame as wireframe using mental ray and IPR, but haven’t gotten batch rendering in wireframe working yet. And I still can't understand why such a sophisticated and expensive program can't render wireframe on shaded!

Return to posts index

Jack Leto
on Oct 1, 2008 at 1:45:38 am

you can batch render a wireframe look in mental ray when you enable Contour rendering. you can also quickly start a wireframe batch when you open the Hardware Render Buffer.

there are also materials and textures that simulate wireframes, this obviously the most customisable and flexible way.

~~~
MOTIONOLOGIST
~~~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]