FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good books for MAYA

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Wong
Good books for MAYA
on Sep 11, 2008 at 1:32:04 am

Can anyone please tell me if there any good books for MAYA 2008 beginners

I've read on several forums that Maya 2008 Bible is useless as it basically lists all the info from MAYA's manual. I'm thinking of buying Introducing Maya 2008. Does anyone know if that's a good book?

Also, are there any other good resources/books I can refer to.

Thanks for your help.

Toronto Wedding

Return to posts index

Peter Wong
Re: Good books for MAYA
on Sep 14, 2008 at 7:24:08 am

Can someone please help? Thanks

Toronto Wedding

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Sep 15, 2008 at 2:13:44 am

Peter,

There are a lot of books out there.If you are like me and like to see it done as well as utilizing a reading source for backup, you may want to consider looking into Digital Tutors dvds or some of the other companies. It has really helped me a lot. That's my two-cents.

If you're gonna do it, try to do it well...if you can't do that then try to cover up your mistakes really well.

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Sep 15, 2008 at 2:15:02 am

I forgot to add that 'good' is very subjective. You may need to just hit some books stores and browse them to see what you like.

If you're gonna do it, try to do it well...if you can't do that then try to cover up your mistakes really well.

Return to posts index

Peter Wong
on Sep 15, 2008 at 4:39:13 am

What are some titles that have helped you start from ground up in MAYA? What I mean by "good" is it's very informative and deep, not just a re-write of the user manual provided when you press F1. Also, I want something very beginner friendly but still gives you a good foundation.

Toronto Wedding

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Sep 15, 2008 at 5:54:56 pm

With respect to books, the main one I used a few years back was Maya 5 Savvy. They probably have a version for the newer versions. It get's you started on a project utilizing several tools. Another good reference (overview type) is The Art of Maya. Again, though, for me, the video products I mentikoned accelerated my learning significantly more than anything I've read.

I think you'll have to try to learn it from as many sources as possible unless you pay for classes to see what works for you. I hoope that helps.

Return to posts index

jason leue
on Sep 18, 2008 at 3:30:02 am

stop staring is a must if your doing characters with faces

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]