FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where is the "Preview Smooth Mesh" checkbox?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Kelley
Where is the "Preview Smooth Mesh" checkbox?
on Jul 7, 2008 at 2:33:05 pm

I am new to Maya. Like three weeks. Coming from a spline-modeler [Animation Master], Maya presents a daunting number of tools. When doing the "Leon" tutorial [Learning Autodesk Maya 2008] I, at one point, had a tool's Properties Box open that showed a checkbox that allowed me to toggle between 'wireframe-over-shaded' and 'Smooth Mesh'. But after I closed out for the day, I can't find it again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: Where is the "Preview Smooth Mesh" checkbox?
on Jul 10, 2008 at 8:51:34 pm

hi

choose your object and in the shape tab of the object go under smooth mesh preview

you can also just press 3 in the keyboard to get into smooth preview, 2 for smooth and cage and 1 for natural polys

wireframe on shaded is under the view menu, SHADING > wireframe on shaded

welcome to maya

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Robert Kelley
on Jul 11, 2008 at 12:55:09 pm

Thanks for the come-back. I found most of the features you mentioned through some Maya manuals I got on-line. But the 'Shape Tab' still eludes me. The QWERTY keys don't seem to reveal it. I've tried selecting [highlighting] the whole model, and then searching through all the menus...so far:nothing. It would be moot except that the 3-key works sometimes, other times not. Even going to "Shading" and making a choice there is proving to be a 'sometimes thing'. Maybe because it's a "Student version"?

I hate to appear obtuse, but could you fine-tune the directions to the tab? Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
on Jul 13, 2008 at 8:46:22 pm

hi

select you object and hit CTRL + A there you will see at least 3 tabs, one for the shader, one for the transform, and one for the shape, is name something like this by default PolyCubeShape1, or myGreatModelShape, is the one that ends with the word shape

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]