FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selection box missing please help!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yaara Cellier
Selection box missing please help!
on Jun 26, 2008 at 9:10:43 pm

Hello all,

I have an awful problem with MAYA 8.5: I have no selection box! I simply can't select by box with any tool. I've tried to click "select" from the Edit menu, I've looked through the selection preferences menu and I just can't seem to find anything that might explain this (it has always been like this on this PC, ever since the program was installed).

I also have another problem: when I'm in modes 5, 6 or 7, selected objects appear semi-transparent with no reason at all!

Please please help me, I'm desperate:) Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and help me...

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Selection box missing please help!
on Jun 27, 2008 at 2:25:38 pm

For the semi-transparent objects, it may be that you have changed the 'Shading' settings in that panel to show all objects in 'X-Ray' view... or perhaps changed settings so that any objects which are selected show up with 'X-Ray' shading (I'm pretty sure that's possible... somewhere in the Shading menu...)

The lack of selection box is strange, though. Do you have similar problems in any other application? If not, I'd first try deleting your Maya preferences, and try reinstalling it if that doesn't work.

Sorry I don't have anything better to offer.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Yaara Cellier
on Jun 27, 2008 at 6:01:12 pm

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your answer. I've solved the problem thanks to a more experienced friend: apparantly it's Vista-related. He changed some of my Windows display settings and now everything's ok:) I'm so relieved.

Thanks again,
Yaara

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Jun 28, 2008 at 1:00:44 pm

Ahhh, okay. Good to know--thanks for posting your results.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Edward Luti
Re: Selection box missing
on Apr 21, 2010 at 6:17:09 am

Hey Yaara,

What exactly did your friend do in the Window Settings? I'm having the same issue.

Return to posts index

Yaara Cellier
on Apr 23, 2010 at 7:46:46 pm

Hi Edward,

Try setting your Windows display to "Classic" (I don't know if it's called this way in english) and your color resolution (in Display settings) to 16 bits instead of 32 bits.

It's quite annoying because you get lousy display but that's the only thing that works for me.

Hope this helps,
Yaara

Return to posts index

Edward Luti
on Apr 24, 2010 at 2:45:43 pm

Thanks Yaara, it worked!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]