FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Moving textures???

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Colling
Creating Moving textures???
on Jun 25, 2008 at 10:12:27 pm

I don’t usually use moving textures. They don’t often look that great to me, but I am wondering if I use a moving texture that is say 10 frames long and my time line is 20 frames long, is there a way to loop the texture so it will play the whole time line?

Right now it plays its duration (10 frames) and stops while the rest of the animation plays through the time line duration (20 frames). Any ideas on how to get this texture to play the whole time line is appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: Creating Moving textures???
on Jun 26, 2008 at 12:53:42 am

you should be able to look at the frame extension of the moving texture in the graph editors. it's just a graph like any other, so you should be able to select the curve and use the post/pre infinity commands to tell it what to do.
chad

Return to posts index

andrew strautz
Re: Creating Moving textures???
on Jun 29, 2008 at 9:45:58 am

well I'm not entirely sure the result your trying to archive however animating textures isn't that hard if you're just looking to, say, animate its offset/translation since those values are keyable in the channels but if you are trying to animate a sequence of textures thats where it gets a bit more interesting.

there are a few methods you could try if you are trying to use rendered animation instead of animations you generate in maya such as

http://www.spafi.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=287&Itemid=2...

or you could try learning the script editor based off of the information you've already compiled. such as the use of the Trax/Visor where you would turn the expression applied to the sequence of frames into a clip and loop it in the trax editor with a few simple clicks (by baking the expression to keyed frames of above listed tutorial)

or you could just use a scripting solution like the one found here.

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/rendering/misc/Image-se...

I've never had this problem personally so I haven't tried either of these solutions however I know they work since I've applied similar solutions to other areas of maya. It just so happened that i came a crossed these while looking for information on something else and got to dig them up for your benefit =P lucky you hehe.

hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]