FORUMS: list search recent posts

problems converting sequence to a movie

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Winters
problems converting sequence to a movie
on Jun 19, 2008 at 7:12:28 pm

I created a sequence using Maya, 60 frames as a test before i do the full-blown sequence. That worked fine...and i got 60 .IFF files, numbered sequentially. No problem.

When viewing thru Fcheck (i think thats the name) there is an option to "save animation" ..i have tried in .tiff .jpg .bmp...THAT PART works fine as well...and viewing each .jpg sequentially looks great.

The problem comes when i try to create a video using Roxio Easy Media Creater Suite 10...when i go to preview..it looks horrible...even when i click on 'combine sequentially' not "random"...the model seems to shudder, never goes thru the whole sequence..and takes on a ghostly double-image occasionally..

My question is: what are the best formats to convert the animation, and what program should i use to make an .mpg or .wmp file for my animation? Obviously i want the best resolution (1080p if i can get it, but willing to settle for less)

*I scanned thru the forum but could not find a relevant thread..pls redirect/link me if there is one...Also, YES i'm new to maya...still working my ways thru modelling/animation..

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: problems converting sequence to a movie
on Jun 19, 2008 at 8:30:17 pm

Hi there

Try using after effects, premiere or other editing/video software to convert the image sequence to a video format first, I always use after effects for this.

you can also try it with virtualdub, is free

http://www.virtualdub.org/

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Richard Winters
on Jun 19, 2008 at 8:58:00 pm

Great! Thanks...I do have the CS3 Collection as well...thank you so much for your help

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Jun 20, 2008 at 5:00:59 am

Also, 'ghostly double-image' artifacts are often the result of the software mistakenly assuming it is dealing with interlaced footage instead of progressive footage. (I beat my head against this brick wall in Premiere for a loooong time.)

You should read up on this a bit, and make sure the encoding process isn't trying to compensate for interlacing that isn't there.

Good luck,

-Steve

Return to posts index

Richard Winters
on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:03:05 pm

ya, it certainly isn't in the .iff or converted .jpg frames...They look wonderful all by themselves...I'll try with AfterEffects and see how that works out...

The funny thing is i had no problems doing my models or creating the animated sequence...Although i'm still in the learning process, Maya has turned out to be a truly remarkable toolset. Once I can really experiment with more of the features, I'll probably start a maya shrine in my bedroom...

Figures that i would hit no real problems until the very end. I'm actually surprised that Maya only offers .avi(im running Vista)...and from what i have read, that's not a good option under maya

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]