COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ashley ying
animate arrow
on Jun 14, 2008 at 5:08:23 pm

helloo
ashley here

actually i have problems when doing this animating tutorial
i refer it from sketchy's http://sketchypictures.com/tutorials/maya/animated_arrows/arrows.html

but thing is... i encounter alot of problems....

- after the arrow is animated, can i edit the control vertex to give the correct shape?

- the curve should have alot of vertexes?

- after animating the curve.. i have problems when i want to make the surfaces smooth...

-i thought of clicking `rebuild surfaces` instead of the tessellations.. but it jerked up when it animated.

-and even if i choose to click the tessellations... i sense some parts of the curve got jerk also ( this happens when i edit the curve after animating the arrow.)

... i already mailed him aboutt he same qns.. but maybe you guys know how to?..

i'm a slow learner thats why i get so confuse easily..

sory for asking so much questions and mind my bad english

i really appreciate your guys help to reply my problem

p.s im using MAYA 8.5

best regards from
ashley

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: animate arrow
on Jun 15, 2008 at 7:23:23 pm

hi ashley

- after the arrow is animated, can i edit the control vertex to give the correct shape?

yes absolutely, just try to keep it centered

- the curve should have a lot of vertexes?

I suggest that you have enough to make it as smooth as you like

- after animating the curve.. i have problems when i want to make the surfaces smooth...

just follow the tutorial, the tessellation attributes only affect the surface at render time, that's why you have to turn on the RENDER TESSELLATION flag on so you can visualize how it will look at render time, try a test render and your surface will look nice

-i thought of clicking `rebuild surfaces` instead of the tessellations.. but it jerked up when it animated.

yeah, if you wanna do that, rebuild THE CURVE, the surface is based on the division of the curve, that will make it smoother, but, tessellation work great also, use what ever works best for you.

ok

l8r

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]