FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trax Editor

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liron Al
Trax Editor
on Jun 12, 2008 at 9:30:59 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to work with the Trax Editor on my animation to save myself some work but now I have a problem..
I have a clip with a run cycle and a clip with the character's head turning to look at the back, now I want the character's head to look at the front again, so I reversed the second clip, I blended the clips and they were blended just fine. The problem is that after the character's head looks at the back, it immediately jumps back to look at the front.
I need to find a way to keep the character's head position stay the same after the clip ends, so I can add the reversed clip and the head will turn to look at the front nicely.. any suggestions?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: Trax Editor
on Jun 13, 2008 at 3:08:23 pm

HI

Each clip have a HOLD property, that will hold the last frame for as long as you want. try it.

good luck

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Liron Al
on Jun 13, 2008 at 9:57:09 pm

Hi,
Thank you very much for answering!
I used the hold function before but it doesn't seem to work, the character is still moving, it just seems to stretch the clip.
I thought it was a bug or something but it happens every time so I guess I don't understand what the hold should do..

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Jun 17, 2008 at 12:51:26 pm

Sorry, I don't have much experience with the Trax editor... but could you get away with using a pose instead of a clip? If you don't have a very detailed action of him turning his head, maybe you could just blend in a pose with his head turned back, then blend it back out.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]