FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya footage to AE synced w/ track data?!?!?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Kleischven
Maya footage to AE synced w/ track data?!?!?
on May 21, 2008 at 9:47:44 pm

Hello there
I am in great distress, for the past several days i've been trying to discover how to import my maya 3d models into after effects and sync it with the real footage. For example, I have my 3d model of a wall blowing up with the right textures and all. And then I have the real footage with just a wall. What I want to do is put the 3d wall in the other wall, and make it appear as if I blew up the wall by cutting a mask and such. My problem is, I have no clue how to sync the tracking data so the 3d wall sticks on the original wall as if it were one piece.
In other words, how do I import a 3d object that is synced with the after effects real footage, tracking data and all. Kind of difficult to explain so sorry if it was confusing.
I have tracking software, btw.
Any info would help, I just need to be pointed in the right direction.
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: Maya footage to AE synced w/ track data?!?!?
on May 29, 2008 at 6:30:01 am

hope I got this right

you need to replace a wall on your footage with the new 3d maya wall.

first track the footage and tested a lot for slipping before you send it to maya, then make a clean plate, you need to ERASE the wall from the original footage, some cloning will do a good job, then render the full 3d textured wall from maya, with the tracked camera you exported from the tracking software.

then composite that in after effects and color corrected for a better integration, also a little blur on you 3d render helps a lot for blending into the video.

nice project !!! good luck

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]