FORUMS: list search recent posts

having weird problem with manipulators.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tolis voskopoulos
having weird problem with manipulators.
on May 9, 2008 at 1:53:15 am

hello, i have a problem with the manipulators on maya 8.5
the problem that i have is that i cannot see the manipulators on every view.i press the hotkeys to get the move,scale,rotate manipulators and i can only see them in the perpective view and top view. in the past i could see the manipulators in every view. i don't think that i changed something at the settings. and i also tried to solve it through the preferences but i cannot do anything.

does anyone know how to fix this problem?
thank you
tolis

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: having weird problem with manipulators.
on May 10, 2008 at 2:24:42 am

Does this happen even in a new scene? If it's only happening in one particular scene, it may have to do with the position and clipping distance of the side and front cameras. Check their transforms for unusually high-magnitude values.

If it happens even in new scenes... I don't know what the problem might be. Either a graphics card issue or a buggy install of Maya. You could try reinstalling drivers, or deleting your Maya prefs file, maybe?

-Steve

Return to posts index

Nelson Row
Re: having weird problem with manipulators.
on May 13, 2008 at 9:26:52 pm

I have had similar issues with manipulators and the problem has always been graphics drivers for me. Especially with game cards.

You may want to roll-back the drivers. 94.24 Nvidia might work if you're using an Invidia card.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]