FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using reference file in Maya 2008

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Soyeon Park
Using reference file in Maya 2008
on Apr 20, 2008 at 2:01:48 am

Hi, I'm trying to use reference files.
I posed characters and brought into a scene file by importing them, but they are not in the poses that I made. For example, I made one character arms down and it imported as one arm down and another arm is in the T pose. It tried to go back to T poses I think. I read in another article that reference file is read only file. Is that something to do with it?
I can only bring files into a scene file with T poses?

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: Using reference file in Maya 2008
on Apr 20, 2008 at 2:17:23 pm

Are you referencing the files in to your scene or importing them? At first glance it sounds like they are keyed in the refrence file, and your trying to overwrite the keys when you import the file? If the reference file contains keys, you will not be able to overwrite them until you go back to the reference file and remove keys.
-chad

Return to posts index

Soyeon Park
Re: Using reference file in Maya 2008
on Apr 20, 2008 at 3:26:48 pm

No, I created reference files not importing them... sorry about the confusion. There is no key frame in the reference file.
I was out of character set and just made a pose. Another odd thing that I just found out is it copied rigs. For example, upper arm control should be one, but there are TWO upper arm controls. The funny thing is that it's only for one arm not the entire body. It's only one character and the other character is fine. I think Maya doesn't know what to do with poses. I'm going to use just T poses for the reference files and I hope it solves the problem although I have to start it over the animation, but it's fine because I'm very at the beginning stage of blocking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]