FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which graphics card would you recommend?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Stemm
Which graphics card would you recommend?
on Mar 12, 2008 at 2:24:41 am

Does anyone have any preference for one or the other graphics cards listed below when working with Maya?

ATI - Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB DDR AGP Bus PC and MAC Edition Graphics Card RoHS
Click to see details

ATI - Radeon 9800 AGP 128MB Pro Mac Edition RoHS
Click to see details

Thanks for your help.

Rob

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: Which graphics card would you recommend?
on Mar 14, 2008 at 6:39:10 pm

I would stay away from ATI cards running maya, they are generally known to be unstable (with most pro apps). Nvdia is the way to go for content creation, unless you buy ATI's pro cards, which are much more expensive, but suppsoedly a little more stable.
-chad

Return to posts index

Rob Stemm
on Mar 16, 2008 at 12:28:07 am

Thanks for your help. One more question. I'm planning on upgrading to Maya 2008 and was curious as to which graphics card I should buy? From the looks of it there aren't any cards that pass without limitations.

Maya 2008 Graphic card chart

I just want to make sure I'm purchasing one that will work for my system. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Power Mac G5 - Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 - 3 GB DDR SDRAM

Rob

Return to posts index

Matthew Radcliff
on May 7, 2008 at 6:03:50 pm

Rob,

I just uncovered myself from finishing a long documentary, and am getting caught up on the listserves I've been ignoring. You may have already upgraded your system.

I have been using Maya 2008 on a 2007 MacPro with the ATI Radeon x1900XT card. The only trouble I've had is not being able to see CVs in high-quality render mode in the viewport. However, I haven't used the hardware buffer render yet, so haven't run across the posted limitations.

Good luck!
Matt Radcliff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]