FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wacom Tablets

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tim litostansky
Wacom Tablets
on Feb 11, 2008 at 4:08:35 pm

*** sorry about the double post, i had to do the whole account update thing and this didnt show up so i thought i had to re write it. moderator can delete either of them. thanks***

Hey Guys,
I am a computer graphics artist working in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Maya etc. I do a lot of motion graphics and animation work. I have been considering purchasing a wacom tablet for some time. I have used small ones and have come to the conclusion that I need one that is at least 12x9. I use 2 monitors, one being a 24" wide lcd, so I need a lot of room on the tablet to accommodate this. I was just wondering if anyone else uses one and if you have any thoughts or suggestions you could share.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: Wacom Tablets
on Feb 24, 2008 at 10:21:11 pm

I have the same monitor setup and a 12x9. It works quite well for me. If you do serious painting you may want a bigger size.

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Feb 26, 2008 at 12:58:54 am

We have one of the new cinteq's where you draw on the screen, and it works pretty well. The artist missed having both monitors so we got a PCI nvidia card and stuck it in there, so now she has 3 monitors :) It's got a cool tab that lets you switch between monitors, which is nice. (i think most of them have this)

Btw, Sean! long time no talky! Shoot me a email if you would, got a question for you. Should be able to get my email thorugh my profile/websiste link on here. (or you may still have it)

cheers bro

chad

Return to posts index

Zachary Jordanov
on Dec 4, 2009 at 12:32:09 pm

Hi Sean! This is your last post, though I have a tablet and I love them big and small, I'm simply trying to get in touch. Do you remember the shimmering green bottle with the sugar spoon you got in the mail a looong time ago? Maybe, since Absinth kills brain cells and memories :) Well, that's me, back from the early 21st century at Columbia in Chicago. You have always helped out and I'm in a fix:

I installed Maya 2010, trying it out on a Mac Pro,

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per processor): 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Graphics card:
Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1900
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB

So, I hope the hardware ain't the problem, but Maya's running slower than snail mail, if you catch my drift. Often, just while navigating/opening windows and simply moving around in the views it 'freezes', I get the rainbow-wheel of death and I have to force quit, lose some of my work, re-launch Maya and start from where it stopped responding. What can I do, besides start selling apples on a street corner? If you can figure that one out, I will promptly snail-mail a freaking case of Absinth, Prague-LA direct cargo :) Hope you're well, email me please at the me.com address below.

Best, Zach (figure drawing guy)

Zachary 'Hary' Jordanov
+420 724 330 424
hary13@me.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]