FORUMS: list search recent posts

z-depth problems!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bjørn Larsen
z-depth problems!
on Feb 9, 2008 at 6:57:50 pm

Hello and sorry if i sound redundant - i haven't searched the whole forum for answer. but anyways:

Everyone recommends layer-rendering, and i see the point. The problem is when i import into afterfx (f.ex. targa-files) i dont get the z-depth to work. If i understand it correctly the z-depth will help me put everything in order so that things on one layer that are far behind in the scene will show up behind objects in the foreground that are rendered out on another layer? Anyways, i check the z-depth box in the render global settings but no chance. I have seen that it renders out another file called something_depth.iff, but the iff file i cannot open in afterfx.. and i dont wanna transform all those pictures to another format for shure! Also i see in the maya tutorial that if you render out either .iff or another format (dont remember the name) the depth-channel is embedded into the file. So maybe my problem is after fx related.. anyways; any and all help on this frustrating problem is highly appreciated - it will help me alot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]