FORUMS: list search recent posts

Texture Map Not Showing Up, Urgent!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Duffy
Texture Map Not Showing Up, Urgent!
on Feb 5, 2008 at 10:40:14 pm

Hi there...end of a project nightmare happening...and of course a deadline!

using Maya 8.5

Problem #1: When placing the texture file on my character she shows up like a transparent zebra and pressing on key 6 doesn't do anything and on high rez. The texture only shows up when i render. With the other 3 characters this did not happen and I could view their textures no problem w/out rendering. Problems not solved with new import of character into new scene. Tried delete history (non-deformer) , tried getting rid of extras in hypershade, tried new UV Map, tried TGA & TIFF files and tried working with transparency too !!

Thanks in advice for your help!

Return to posts index

Steven Paris
Re: Texture Map Not Showing Up, Urgent!
on Sep 7, 2008 at 8:53:07 pm

Hi,

Have you been able to solve this problem? I ask because I'm running into something similar. But in addition to the textures not showing-up in the modeling window, they're also not showing-up in my renders. I have the same striped appearance on the geometry. I've tried cleaning, adjusting uv's, changing the size of the textures, etc. Nothing seems to work. Basic shaders show-up ok, but as soon as I assign a texture to the shader, the geometry gets that striped look. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]