FORUMS: list search recent posts

learning maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Hughes
learning maya
on Feb 2, 2008 at 7:46:55 pm

To master Maya from scratch, what is the general consensus in regards to taking courses or learning from home.

I animate in 2D with after effects and flash, and I'm starting to feel like an artist without a brush.

Any suggestions on the best skill set for animator/motionographers/compositors?

Is Maya the right choice? Should I attempt this with online tutorials and books?

Any book suggestions? I'm planning on mixing two and 3D styles so a book with this in mind would be amazing.

But is it possible? Should i go back to school?

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: learning maya
on Feb 4, 2008 at 3:16:13 pm

Charlie-
Usually the quickest/cheapest way to ramp up on a program, if your self-motivated, is to buy some tutorial DVD's. There are a lot of great ones out there, usually the two best companies are digital tutors and gnomon. They have a wide selection, and you'll be able to find something that tailored to what part of it you want to learn, if necessary.
cheers
Chad

Return to posts index

Lawrence Taylor
Re: learning maya
on Feb 7, 2008 at 6:56:49 pm

Also there should be a load of tutorials included with the help files like modelling the temple base and stuff. Theses can be a little boring but don't cost you anything and are a great way to learn the basics. After this I would recommend spending a while trawling the net for tutorials that can teach you different aspects of what you wish to learn. I've saved a lot of time from heading the advice of experts who have already gone through days of trail and error to achieve their desired results. After this I would suggest you get a couple of books when you've gathered a more complete understanding of what it is you want to achieve and understand a little more of the ways to go about it. And yes Maya is deffinately the right choice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]