FORUMS: list search recent posts

playblast ignores custom high resolution options when executed from small window

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamespstevenson
playblast ignores custom high resolution options when executed from small window
on Jan 23, 2008 at 10:31:31 am

Hello,

I'm finding that when I set playblast options to use a high resolution (using render or custom resolution settings), it will only work from a full screen viewport view.

If I'm in a four pane for example, playblasting from a smaller window or a tear off camera view, Maya just renders at a lower resolution, ignoring the render/custom settings.

Is there a work around for this?

With thanks, James.

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: playblast ignores custom high resolution options when executed from small window
on Jan 30, 2008 at 4:58:18 am

Unfortunately there is not unless you're on linux. The playblast must capture the actual screen using the openGL buffer. If the window viewport is smaller than the size you have set, it will simply have to obey the window's size. On linux there is an option to playblast using an offscreen buffer. With this option it doesn't matter whether the window is covered up or what size it is because it calculates it in a separate buffer offscreen. Not available on windows.

Return to posts index

Jon Elsdon
Re: playblast ignores custom high resolution options when executed from small window
on Feb 4, 2008 at 3:57:45 am

The playblast feature is limited to the viewport size, but you can use the hardware render window to create a custom viewport render of any size, you can flag object displays to make it look similar to a playblast. The positive thing of the hardware render window is the ability to create images larger than the viewport or even screen res. Maya will automatically render it in tiles and build them into a single image or video.

Jon Elsdon

VFX Supervisor

EEFX.COM - Chroma Key Green Screens & Supplies

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]