FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Question About Baking A Texture Projection

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Starchilde
A Question About Baking A Texture Projection
on Dec 2, 2007 at 11:57:22 pm

Hey folks,

I've finally finished the layered texture nodes for my model and now I want to bake them (so that I can move the model around). But I've run into a snag. I did what my instructor (and the book) indicated, which is to select the object in the scene (the geometry) and select the texture node in hypershade, then select edit/converto to file texutre (Maya Solftware). I set things to anti-alias but not to use any lighting. I also set what I thought would be appropriate width and height sizes for the final file and selected a Targa format. After letting it to the baking I did a preview and noticed that the baked texture was "wavy," for lack of a better term.

The question is: what did I do wrong?

Now the width and height that I set the output targa too were the same (making it a square). Is that possibly the problem? If so, how to I determine what size I should make it.

I'm terribly confused and my instructor/book is no help what so ever. Any help is very much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: A Question About Baking A Texture Projection
on Dec 12, 2007 at 3:10:53 pm

The fact that the texture appears wavy is not necessarily a bad or incorrect thing. The real test is: does it work properly when reapplied to the surface as a file texture?

Have you completed that step yet? If you have, and the texture looks wrong on the model, then you've got a problem. But you may find that the 'waviness' is simply the distortion necessary to have the texture appear properly on your model (this will depend on how its UVs are laid out).

If you can post a screenshot, obviously that would be helpful.

Good luck,

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]