FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera/motion path problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anodecathode
Camera/motion path problems
on Oct 31, 2007 at 4:03:51 pm

I currently have a camera traveling down a road using a motion path. Then the path ends in a parking lot where I have a keyed actor as a tiff sequence, textured onto a plane. So when the camera reaches the end of the motion path, in the parking lot, I want to be able to "take control" of the camera and set the key frames manually (dollying and panning with my mouse while I set key frames using the "S" key) The problem is, when I move to that last frame of the motion path and try to set key frames for the camera manually, maya breaks the connection to the motion path for that camera. Should I approach this a different way?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
Scott

Return to posts index

Apok_L
Re: Camera/motion path problems
on Oct 31, 2007 at 5:03:27 pm

hi Scott,
I'd suggest you split up the camera duties.

Duplicate the camera at the point where you want to take control. Then manually key the duplicated camera (delete the motion path from it of course). There's probably a way to make the same camera do it all, but you may run into curve issues or unwanted keyframes that affect the motion path you already like.

Return to posts index

anodecathode
on Oct 31, 2007 at 5:37:31 pm

Thanks Apok_L!!!

So simple, yet brilliant! hehe.. Why didn't I think of that.
Thanks!
Scott

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Nov 1, 2007 at 1:49:44 pm

You could also just group your original camera, and assign the group to the motion path. Once it has finished, you are still free to just pick up the camera and animate it.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]