FORUMS: list search recent posts

bad topology and ugo models

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Desrever
bad topology and ugo models
on Sep 27, 2007 at 2:23:05 pm

I'm looking for modeling tutorials which show how to correct bad topology, and improve the look of renders. I seem to have problems where I'll have what looks like a decent model in the viewport but when rendered, no matter how high the render globals are set and how many time I use poly smooth, my model looks pixelated.

thanks

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: bad topology and ugo models
on Sep 27, 2007 at 3:23:04 pm

Pixelated? That usually points to bad sampling in the render or a low rez texture. Can you post a sample? May not be the geomentry.
-chad

Return to posts index

Desrever
on Sep 27, 2007 at 8:36:30 pm

It's weird, I just rendered out a 1k frame to post, and it looked nasty in the render window, but when I saved it out as a tiff or jpeg, the crunchy edges are gone. Is it something in my render settings that I inadvertently changed? Possibly an interlacing or aspect ratio issue?

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Sep 28, 2007 at 12:03:52 am

ahhhh. thats the scaling in the render view :) When a image isn't shown at 1:1 in the renderview, it doesn't alias the scaling of it. Once you render, click on the little 1:1 button in the render window and it should look fine.
-chad

Return to posts index

Desrever
on Sep 28, 2007 at 12:36:58 pm

No it's not that it's scaled up. I took a screen grab from an old tutorial that shows the problem.
Sorry for the noob question but how do I post a screenshot for you to check out?

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Sep 28, 2007 at 1:40:19 pm

you have to have your own method of posting images, the COW wont host them for you. There are many solutions tho. One is http://imageshack.us/

hope that helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]