FORUMS: list search recent posts

maya dynamics

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
omprakash
maya dynamics
on Sep 10, 2007 at 5:12:49 pm

How to create an object of cloud? suppose i have a 3d model of an animal and its is rigged. if i have to make it look like it is made up of clouds with full detail then how can i proceed. I have tried using fluid effects and paint effects but it didnt work.

Return to posts index

cow
Steve Sayer
Re: maya dynamics
on Sep 10, 2007 at 5:26:13 pm

I would make the skin of the object a surface emitter, then have it emit particles, which could be Cloud type or Sprite type if you have or can make some cloudy-looking sprites. Sprites will be much faster to render.

You can either have the emitted particles trail off behind the object after being emitted, or have them follow along with it as it moves. The first is easier, the second takes more effort, probably with goals etc.

-Steve

Return to posts index

omprakash
on Sep 11, 2007 at 12:41:00 am

I tried with the same way but its looking like i have painted the object in white color. even i tried to manipulate using some forces so that i can see some kind of distrubance but not getting the way it has to be.it shouldnt look like an object of snow or smoke, it should feel like its is made up of cloud.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Sep 11, 2007 at 1:03:26 pm

Can you post some screenshots? I'm surprised to hear that you tried emitting particles from the surface and wound up with a 'painted white' look to it.

-Steve

Return to posts index

omprakash
on Sep 11, 2007 at 3:56:10 pm

Hey man i got it at last and my boss also liked it. actualy what i was doing is after emitting particles from the surface and giving fluid shader to it through a script, i applied goal to it because the tiger model was animated and was walking in the shot. Goal was the reason behind its white paint look so i played with goal setting (got to write few line of script) i finaly got the 80% of the look and i am confident i will get 100% as per the client demand. but will face some problem in the later stage of the project because it includes lots of dynamics centric shots which has to be in the form of clouds so i may come again with some different problems.
Thanks for your valuable feedback and helping me.

Prakash

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]