FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya Live Not Working!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mikeyforVFX
Maya Live Not Working!
on Aug 20, 2007 at 10:01:03 pm

I have maya autodesk 8, and I wish to use Maya Live for camera match moving. Now I read that Maya live is only available for maya unlimited, but on my CD the label sais Maya Autodesk 8 Complete AND Maya Autodesk 8 Unlimited, meaning I have autodesk maya 8 unlimited so i can use Maya Live. But when I got to the plug in manager and ask it to open mayalive.bundle, it wont open it. What do i do? Do I need to still install Maya Unlimited? If so how, because the CD did not ask for the option of maya complete or unlimited.

Thank You

MIkey

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Maya Live Not Working!
on Aug 21, 2007 at 4:03:06 am

The CD does indeed contain the Unlimited version of the software, which includes Live, Fur, Fluids, etc. However, the license you purchased is for Complete, so it will not allow those modules to run. If you want to use them you must buy an Unlimited license.

-Steve

Return to posts index

mikeyforVFX
on Aug 21, 2007 at 3:23:58 pm

Do you know how to go about purchasing the unlimited license?

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Aug 22, 2007 at 3:50:07 am

The reseller that sold you your Complete license should also be able to sell you an Unlimited license. Be aware that the price difference between the two is in the neighbourhood of five grand.

You could also check the Autodesk website to see if there's a way to upgrade your license online through their store, but a quick glance didn't turn anything up for me.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]