FORUMS: list search recent posts

render for festival

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kovaks
render for festival
on Aug 17, 2007 at 8:59:09 am

At Cartoon forum Catalunya they answered me (see below) to make a render in Maya. How do I do it? HelpHelp. Kovaks

Please deliver anamorphic 16:9 DigiBeta Tapes for best results on the screen.
The Resolution is standard resolution (not HD) so you should convert your files
before copying to tape to anamorphic SD (720 x 576). If possible don

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: render for festival
on Aug 17, 2007 at 4:46:26 pm

easiset way to do what you want is to render out square pixels NTSC widescreen for the max resolution, which is 864x486. (select the 1k preset in maya, then change the resolution) Take this file into a program like AfterEffects and then put it in a NTSC D1 widescreen comp (720x486 at 1.2 aspect ratio, 29.97).

Framerate is a completely seperate issue, but rendering at 24p or 30p will help cut down on your render times. If you render at 24, you'll have to put 3:2 pullup into your video to conform it to 29.97 (but that can be done in AFX)

Then export this to the format of your choice that your editing system (or to tape export) supports. If you don't have a system that can export to tape, best bet is to make it a QT animation at 100%, take that to a post house, and have them dump it to tape for you on digibeta.

Normally you'll pay 75-120 bucks for this, depending on how long it is. (if it's longer than 10 minutes, it could be more)

hope that helps
chad

Return to posts index

kovaks
on Aug 27, 2007 at 6:40:05 am

THANKS,
I SUCCESFULLY MANAGED TO SEND THE TAPE.
KOVAKS

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Aug 27, 2007 at 5:16:11 pm

good deal! Going to tape can be kind of daunting with all the diff formats.
-chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]