FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Based Lighting (IBL) and transfomations

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zenozeno
Image Based Lighting (IBL) and transfomations
on Aug 7, 2007 at 5:52:09 am

Have a very simple scene set up . . . nurbs sphere, with Blinn material assigned. Trying to rotate an IBL sphere in the scene to result in moving reflections across the sphere. Rendering single frames from the render view shows the rotation transformations keyframed on the IBL sphere, however, when set to batch render (mental ray, final gathering on), the IBL sphere does not seem to read the rotation keyframes. What gives?

Also, beginning the batch render at different points in the timeline results in the correct positioning of the rotation (similar I assume to the results of rendering out single frames from the render view from the timeline). Seems like Maya only likes rendering the IBL rotation value from the default "beginning" frame of the render, and ignores all other keyframing after.

There is the "infinite" option under "imaged based lighting attributes" that when unchecked should allow transformation values of the IBL sphere, but it doesn't seem to be working . . .

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

iannorthrop
Re: Image Based Lighting (IBL) and transfomations
on Aug 7, 2007 at 8:25:07 pm

I've run into this problem in the past.
A work-around that worked for me was to rotate my object (camera parented to object, or vice-a-versa) inside of your ibl environment.
Give that a shot.

ian

Return to posts index

zenozeno
Re: Image Based Lighting (IBL) and transfomations
on Aug 8, 2007 at 11:52:33 pm

Actually, I ended up doing the same cheat . . . so I assume you never resolved why you couldn't keyframe transformations in the IBL setup?

Sometimes, it's all about the bottom line effect, but I'm just trying to figure out why things weren't working . . .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]