FORUMS: list search recent posts

yep, it was the 'active' button...

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Rank
yep, it was the 'active' button...
on Jul 19, 2007 at 7:55:22 am

Got it fixed...now I have to figure out how to get a couple hundred coins to drop down without killing my render times. It pretty much hangs at frame 134 of 300 with no hope of ever finishing the next frame. I guess too many collisions just kill render time....ugh....back to the drawing board I guess.

How many computers do I have to get hooked up to make things run smoothly?

Return to posts index

Justin Rank
oops....supposed to be posted below n/t
on Jul 19, 2007 at 7:55:52 am

nt

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: yep, it was the 'active' button...
on Jul 19, 2007 at 11:08:54 pm

There are several strategies you can use to make dynamics render more efficiently. Here are some quick suggestions; more details are available in the Maya docs:

1. Use low-res stand-in objects instead of high-res geometry; make the low res invisible and parent the visible high res to it.
2. Put different objects on separate collision layers. This means they won't collide with one another. Maya checks at every step of the calculations for collisions between all objects on the same layer; it is much faster to check for collisions between ten groups of ten objects each than it is to check for one massive group of a hundred objects.
3. Bake your simulation before rendering the scene--don't force Maya to calculate dynamics at render time, when memory is already being used heavily.

Good luck,

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]