FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing frame rates

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SSGGMM
Changing frame rates
on Jun 30, 2007 at 8:11:31 pm

Is there a command that let's you delete a key from the time slider, then bring all following keys backwards one notch?

Ex: Cut key 2, then move keys 3 to 100 back by one, filling the gap and shortening your timeline.

I need to do this intermittently on long camera animations. Specifically, I need to delete each 5th key/frame, then pull the rest in, each time. This way, I hope to turn my 30fps into 24fps.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

cow
Steve Sayer
Re: Changing frame rates
on Jul 1, 2007 at 5:11:15 pm

If you change the framerate of the scene, the keys should get shuffled around properly without you needing to do any tedious deleting and shifting. So the solution might be as simple as selecting '24' for your framerate (Preferences -> Settings).

If that's not going to work for some reason, you can scale your animation curves in the Graph Editor. Choose Edit -> Scale [] (options box) to specify a 0.8 horizontal scale with a pivot of 0.

I think one of those should work... post again if they don't.

-Steve

Return to posts index

TeeRav
on Jul 3, 2007 at 3:46:45 am

you can also slide keyframes in the graph editor by selecting them and entering either "+" or "-", then "=", then the number of frames you want them moved in the first box for the keyframe stats in the graph editor. example: +=10

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Jul 6, 2007 at 10:05:14 pm

In addition to what Steve and TeeRav said, you can shift-drag in your timeline and move the keyframes back that way.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]