FORUMS: list search recent posts

trouble with movie files

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
miabumbag
trouble with movie files
on Jun 27, 2007 at 11:25:33 am

hi!

i'm a newbie and i'm trying to map a movie file to a sphere.

i've rendered out from combustion a movie file that is a map of the world and then has lots of line lines animating on showing the routes various people have travelled. i then want to map that to a sphere in maya but i seem to have various problems with it.

i can map it but i can't rotate it to the correct angle (the files keep being placed on the spheres at weird angles!) also when i play my animation the movie file does not seem to be playing, it is just showing the first frame!

any ideas?

mia

Return to posts index

miabumbag
Re: trouble with movie files add on
on Jun 27, 2007 at 12:17:43 pm

hi!

ok my situation has slightly improved. i have realised that maya is doing what i want it to i just can't see it in the viewer. i can see it though if i render a still. any ideas why i can't see it update in the viewer? even though it technically is working it's not really good enough to work with!

any help is greatly appreciated!

mia x

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Jun 27, 2007 at 3:06:29 pm

Read up on 'interactive sequence caching' in the help files for the movie / file node. That should be able to give you what you're looking for.

The discrepancies between what you see in the viewport and what you see in final renders are due to certain limitations of graphics cards. Try turning on 'high quality rendering' in your viewport; sometimes that gives a better preview.

Hope that helps,

-Steve

Return to posts index

miabumbag
on Jul 2, 2007 at 3:38:33 pm

thankyou!!!! changed a few settings and now it works a lot better!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]