FORUMS: list search recent posts

maya 8.5 render layers - batch render just giving me black frames :(

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ant mcgrath
maya 8.5 render layers - batch render just giving me black frames :(
on Jun 20, 2007 at 8:26:23 am

hi all
I'm trying to render a couple of render layers from maya8.5 at work. I have a masterlayer which is using the maya hardware render system to give me a simple beauty pass of the object.
I have a "layer1" render layer where I've assigned a usebackground shader as a material override. I then put a light in the scene, switched on raytracing shadows and hit render in my render view window.
all seems fine - the object is rendered/comp'd as I'd expect - textured with a second pass of shadows over it.
So I've set my amount of frames and done a simple cam move around the object and I now want to batch render off the 100 frames (using batch render menu option)
it appears to be going fine, sets up sub folders for both passes and goes on its merry way.
however - ALL the frames are black - no alpha channels or anything - just black frames.
I'm a bit stuck here - any suggestions on what it may be? I'm rendering from the right camera and everything but just lost here now :(

ant

Return to posts index

ant mcgrath
Re: maya 8.5 render layers - batch render just giving me black frames :(
on Jun 20, 2007 at 1:18:57 pm

I got the prob solved ..of a fashion.. I got one of the mel gurus here at work to write a simple script that started at a frame number and ended at another frame number (I can edit it easily in the script). I thought I'd share it with you so anyone having probs can do the same trick lol. I the end my playblast rendered out the beauty, mentalray did my shadow pass.

float $frameStart = 0;
float $frameEnd = 50;

for ($i=$frameStart;$i<=$frameEnd;$i++)
{
currentTime $i;
print ("nRendering Frame: "+$i);

// Put the render command here.
renderWindowRender redoPreviousRender renderView;
}

Return to posts index

Pyro
by
on Jun 20, 2007 at 2:27:17 pm

Lights must be added to each Render Layer as well as the geometry.

Return to posts index

ant mcgrath
on Jun 20, 2007 at 5:02:25 pm

ah didn't know that - cheers matey I'll give it a go lol!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]