FORUMS: list search recent posts

free memory is low

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hopkins
free memory is low
on Jun 19, 2007 at 1:59:26 am

Hello all,

I am working with a scene that has several models in it. When I try to render a test frame I get the message: an error has occurred. Rendering aborted. Free memory is low. Memory exception thrown."

Is there somewhere to re-allocate the amount of memory for maya?

Thanks a lot,
Hopkkins

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: free memory is low
on Jun 19, 2007 at 5:20:20 pm

Are you rendering with maya software? If so, i dontt really know of any good way increase memory, far as i know, it just trys to use all that you have.

If your using MR, check under the memory and performance options, you'll see a memory limit and BSP seciton. If you use Large BSP, often times that will help out a lot. You can raise the memory limit, but that will depend on how much you have in your machine of course.

If any of your models are the same, try instancing them vs duplicating them. That helps out with memory issues. Also look in to .bot textures and .map textures. They will help you optimzie your texture memory as well. (it will only load the part of the image it needs supposedly)

-chad

Return to posts index

Hopkins
on Jun 20, 2007 at 1:50:38 am

Thanks, Chad.

I was not familiar with .BOT and .map. I found the .bot opton in the textures attributes. Could you please tell me where can I find the .map option?

Hopkins

Return to posts index

ajay sen
on Feb 16, 2009 at 12:18:38 pm

hi
when i working on maya 2009 . i got error free memory is low while test render for lighting

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]