FORUMS: list search recent posts

Left tool bar doesn't work/locked and right click menu is broken

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xolsoz
Left tool bar doesn't work/locked and right click menu is broken
on Jun 7, 2007 at 1:09:55 am

Ok, so i've been using Autodesk Maya 8.5 Personal Learning Edition for the past few days. Its been going good, watching all the videos, reading all the tutorials. But when I started it up this morning, the left tool bar is unusable, I can't click on any of the buttons. The tools still work, but I can't get to them from that tool bar. Also, now I can't get to the menu where you right-click on a polygon, where you can switch modes. Can anyone help me with these things?
BTW, if you don't know what bar i'm talking about its these tools.

Select tool
Lasso tool
Paint Selection tool
Move tool...
and so on

in that order.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Left tool bar doesn't work/locked and right click menu is broken
on Jun 14, 2007 at 6:35:41 pm

Hmm, those are very strange symptoms. Let's rule out a few simple things first: Caps/Lock off? Mouse working in other applications? Left-hand toolbar (called the 'Toolbox') visible or not visible? No other software installations, changes, or crashes since Maya was last working properly? Any errors being displayed in the Script Editor (button in the bottom right to open it) when you start Maya?

-Steve

((P.S. Hello everyone--sorry I've been AWOL for so long. I'll try to stay in better touch from now on!))

Return to posts index

Matty B
on Aug 13, 2007 at 7:13:39 am

I am also having the exact same problem. I have loaded Maya 8.5, started the digital tutorials, but the left tool box doesn't work. Someone suggested this may be a bug because my graphics card is not good enough.

Return to posts index

Tim H
on Aug 31, 2007 at 6:41:50 pm

Don't ask me why this worked, but for me, toggling numlock on my keyboard a couple of times fixed it (at least for the latest occurrence of the problem). I saw it suggested in one of the Autodesk discussion groups: http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5650629

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]