FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to make Balls Orbit

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lebeau3d
Need to make Balls Orbit
on Apr 24, 2007 at 3:55:38 am

I need to make 3 balls orbit around text. A soccer ball, basketball and baseball.

The 3 balls will orbit around the " S and P" of the word "Sports"

Each ball needs to spin individually and they all 3 will orbit together on the same path multiple times.

I have Maya 7, and not very experienced. Can you help?

Thanks

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Need to make Balls Orbit
on Apr 30, 2007 at 4:25:39 am

Just make a NURBs circle around the letters you want the balls to spin around and do a "attach to motion curve" after selecting both your object (the ball) and the circle. You'll probably have to do a help search in maya on motion curves, this will explain how to tweak how fast or slow they go once they're applied to the motion curves.

Animation snapshot might be a neat thing to experiment with here too. This will allow multiple copies of the ball to be copied in the direction of your circle curve. Once these copies are there, you can play with their transparency and create sort of a motion effect, where each subsequent ball begins to fade. Sort of an after effects echo sort of effect. Just a thought. Or I guess easier just do a motion blur on the scene, which is probably a better way to go. :-P A slight glow on the ball might make the motion pop that much more, or you could glow it in a compositor for more control and probably a better glow depending on which plug-ins or glow effects you have available to you.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]