FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya or lightwave? Please help.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom the wizard
Maya or lightwave? Please help.
on Mar 27, 2007 at 10:44:46 am

I have been playing with the Lightwave and Maya programs (demos). So far it seams easier to work in Lightwave how do you feel the compare? I also need to go with bang for the buck and I can get Lightwave as a student for a very good price. It looks like lightwave has more in it in the standard package than Maya. I am going with one or the other. I have been working with other 3d programs. I want to do art that I can blend with photography and video. I will be doing 3d animations. I use Photo shop, Painter, FCP suit, Shake and Commotion Pro. Dose Maya work better with the programs I am using? Both programs look very good so far.

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Maya or lightwave? Please help.
on Apr 1, 2007 at 4:34:25 am

Not sure what to tell you, your question is what's better for you and nobody can answer that but you. Maya is scary powerful and incredibly deep. Check around town at some of the places you'd like to work and see what they're using, this will get you in the right direction. You'll likely end up working with at least one other 3D package during your career so which one you can get a job with at this point seems more relevant to me in your situation, maybe I'm wrong.

Hope that helps.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]