FORUMS: list search recent posts

MAYA Podcasts

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mojod20nick
MAYA Podcasts
on Mar 25, 2007 at 9:38:55 pm

Hi folks.
I am a student studying digital video design and starting to get into maya. I want to try and get as much info on the program and how to use it as I can for my projects to be the muts nuts. I usually travel on the train which takes me around an hour each day. I was thinking, during this time I could check out some maya tutorial podcasts. Would anyone know where I could find anything like this covering a wide range of topics?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: MAYA Podcasts
on Apr 1, 2007 at 4:43:10 am

I guess what you mean is which video tutorials are good for maya so you can rip them down and put them on your iPod to watch to and from your destinations - a good idea for efficient use of time.

The gnomon videos are really the standard for Maya learning, at least as far as videos go. They're not necessarily the -best- for new users, they're just the standard (meaning they have a lot of focused training and they have a lot of variety of areas they cover with each video). In my experience their instructors tend to go too fast and tend to cater to the intermediate users rather than beginner, so keep that in mind when you make your decision. You also have Lynda, Digital-Tutors and to a much lesser extent vtc as well as probably some others I don't know about. That screen will be small though so take a magnifying glass so you can make out the GUI in the videos. :-P Do they sell external screens for ipods you can take on the go? I'm not into that market at the moment and don't know what they sell.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

JamesPorter
Re: MAYA Podcasts
on Apr 18, 2007 at 5:08:56 pm

Digital Tutors has a pod cast for various Maya-related topics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]