FORUMS: list search recent posts

Character Rigging Question

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wagster
Character Rigging Question
on Mar 14, 2007 at 7:36:44 pm

This is probably a basic question, but it's stumping me. I'm making curve handles for character rigs. When I look at other people's rigs they have their curves under a single transform node so that you can't select any single curve without selecting all of them. How do you do that?

New York-based Editor-Compositor

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Character Rigging Question
on Mar 15, 2007 at 12:39:45 am

Just parent the curve shape nodes under the same transform node. You can do this by MMB-dragging in the Outliner, for example. Make sure the Outliner is showing you shape nodes, though: right-click and make sure 'Show Shapes' is checked. Transform nodes are indicated by white parallelograms, curve shape nodes by a blue squiggle.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Wagster
on Mar 15, 2007 at 3:14:11 pm

Steve, that's not working for me. When I drag just the shape node the transform node it's paired with goes with it. I've tried it in the Outliner and in the Hypergraph too. Is there a step I'm missing?

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Mar 15, 2007 at 3:46:01 pm

Sorry, you're right--my fault.

Try typing in this MEL command:

parent -add -s curveShape2 curve1

That should add the shape node from curve2 under the transform of curve1, without adding extra transforms. Curve2 itself will remain in the scene, so you'll have to delete it manually.

Sorry for misleading you,

-Steve

Return to posts index

Wagster
on Mar 15, 2007 at 7:40:48 pm

Thanks, Steve. I'm just glad to get it working (and to visit coming attractions in MEL-land.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]