FORUMS: list search recent posts

particle motion blur

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
velocity
particle motion blur
on Mar 14, 2007 at 4:17:05 am

Hi, I have a curve flow particle system, and i need it to be made up of long particles with a trail like effect.
Can i use motion blur for this? and would i do that in the render settings? or is there a special particle motion blur setting?

Also are curve flow particles affected the same way as normal particles by fields? I need it to spin like a vortex, yet the vortex field does not seem to be working for me...

many many thanks.... i am tearing out my hair trying to get it right...

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: particle motion blur
on Mar 14, 2007 at 4:50:21 pm

Motion blur on particles depends on a couple of things. 1.) what type of particle (hardware/software) and 2.) are they cached?
you will have to cached the particles to get motion blur, epsecialy on network renders.

Hardware particles will only render in the hardware rendering engines, and the software particles will only render using maya software/mental ray. I think in version 7, the software particles should motion blur.

-chad

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Mar 15, 2007 at 12:27:26 am

[velocity] "i need it to be made up of long particles with a trail like effect"

Have you tried using Streak or Tube particle types? These particles are by default streaked (or blurred) along the direction of their motion; no need to change any motion blur settings.

As for the effect of the field, curve flow particles are indeed affected by fields, but they are also effected by goals, and (I believe) by default the goals are so strong they override the fields. You will have to lower the goal value of the particles so that the fields can have a visible effect.

-Steve

Return to posts index

velocity
on Mar 22, 2007 at 9:09:42 pm

Thanks guys... ended up using tubes and animating emitters along a path, then using the tube values to get the streaking i needed..... many thanks for the help....:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]