FORUMS: list search recent posts

Greenscreen Image Plane

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SSGGMM
Greenscreen Image Plane
on Mar 8, 2007 at 10:45:12 pm

Is there any way to key out the green from a greenscreen image plane? Doesn't have to be very clean or anything. Just quick and rough. It's for an image sequence.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Greenscreen Image Plane
on Mar 11, 2007 at 3:41:25 pm

You mean within Maya's shading network? It's probably possible, but also probably more trouble than its worth... a compositing app would be better suited.

Try playing around with layered shaders, maybe: you can blend layers with 'difference' and 'subtract' modes, among others, some of which might be helpful.

-Steve

Return to posts index

SSGGMM
on Mar 11, 2007 at 5:36:44 pm

Granted I wasn't very clear here. I need to load an image plane of actors in front of a greenscreen so I can properly frame the 3D backgrounds I created in Maya. I'm not sure if an image plane can be considered as shading (or is it?)

I'm connecting the image plane to the camera, and I'd like to see through the green.

Maybe I should simply to a quick key in AE or something.

Thanks anyway - SGM.

Return to posts index

davidheijl
on Mar 13, 2007 at 8:05:55 am

if all you wanted to do is try and position/line up everything, couldn't you make do with a semitransparent img plane (perhaps with a little scripted hotkey that would switch between 20% - 50% - 100% opacity)? but then again maybe i'm oversimplifying...

david
http://www.burnt.be

------------------------------
Consider Phlebas, who was once
handsome and tall as you
------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]