FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Qmaster with maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
markyyyy
Apple Qmaster with maya
on Jan 17, 2007 at 11:38:16 pm

I finally got to do a batch render with Apple Qmaster... but!!!

I have a iff sequence mapped onto a cylinder... It renders perfect in maya, but from Qmaster, the
cylinder appears black, as if there were no image assigned... any clues? (maya 7)

G4 quad 2.5 + 4g ram

thanks

Markyyy

Return to posts index

russ
Re: Apple Qmaster with maya
by
on Jan 18, 2007 at 5:19:41 am

You might try tiff images instead of iff. Interested in how you got Qmaster to work with Maya. Can you give us a run down on how it is set up?

Thanks

Return to posts index

markyyyy
on Jan 20, 2007 at 5:54:20 pm

I got it to work by mistake!! :)

here goes...

1- in system settings, click on the Qmaster Icon, then I used "QuickCluster with services"
In "Services" check "share compressor" and "share rendering" (I don't think you need the compressor to be checked, but I'm giving it as I see it)

Give a name in the box "Identify this QuickCluster as:"

if you have more than one mac, you can do this on you other macs, and then check the box "Include unmanaged services from other computers"

In the advanced tab, go to the "Extras", then check the "show Qmaster service status in menu bar", and Give a name to the computer to Identify it.

click start sharing... **** a couple of seconds later, you should see the Icon at the top with a turned off light... What's cool is that when you'll run a batch, you'll see the light come on green... Also if you click on it, you will see the IP addresses of the computers being shared...

NOW, the cool stuff...

Open QMaster (in Application/Apple Qmaster) I dragged it to my dock, makes it easier for future use

check the "Submit to:" and select the computer you want the batch to be sent to...

Give a batch name, that you can save for future use..

Change the Command for "Maya"

Click on the "+" to add a first command..

Besides "Maya" enter the command where the "render" program is located... typical place is...
/Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/bin/Render

"Project" is the place where you want your files to be rendered to...

"Scene file" is the file you want maya scene...

It uses the render engine that you set in your file... ex: mental ray, etc.

enter the start and end frame... I don't use steps and minimum, but you know what's there for...

I kept "Render layers" and "Change Shell exit status" checked

click OK

the first line is added...

keep doing this for the rest...

Once you done... you can set a priority for this batch (low, medium of high), but if you have only one batch, don't bother with it

I like to click on notification, enter you email address and the outgoing mail server, when the batch is done, it will send you a completion notification by email... very cool feature.

then click on "submit" et voila!!!

***** don't freak out if you see in your render folder that it's not rendering in sequencial order... It cuts the animation in segments...

Let me know if you need more information...

****** VERY IMPORTANT... don't use Qmaster if you have an image sequence with mental ray... the geometry will come out black... I'm still doing some R&D on this, so if I find a solution, I'll post it..

later,

Markyyy

Return to posts index

Russ
by
on Jan 21, 2007 at 6:36:18 am

Thanks for the details....got it working as well. I first had problems with a mis-match of versions (had old Qmaster 2.0.1). Once I installed 2.1 I was able to use your instructions.

Thanks

Return to posts index

markyyyy
on Jan 21, 2007 at 1:11:33 pm

very cool... glad to hear that :)

have fun,

markyyy

Return to posts index

chaas2929
on Mar 13, 2007 at 9:24:44 pm

I just started using qmaster with maya. Ran into the same problems with Mental Ray not rendering and rendering black. hope this will fix your problem:
Go through the steps to setup a maya file to render with qmaster. In the option field type: -r mr
You can also type (-im filename) this will change file name.

I also was running into problems with Mental ray image showing as black when opening in photoshop. In your global preferences click on the mental ray tab - at the bottom you will see a section called custom entities. check the box (pass custom alpha channel)

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

markyyyy
on Mar 14, 2007 at 12:50:47 pm

thanks, I'll do the tests...

markyyy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]