FORUMS: list search recent posts

having more than 1 input, keying & motion path..

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe
having more than 1 input, keying & motion path..
by
on Jan 17, 2007 at 12:29:11 am

I have a ball attached to a motion path, however I also want the ball to grow larger as it goes along the motion path. I cant's seem to get maya to allow me to do both. It seems it will only let me do one or the other....

Return to posts index

markyyyy
Re: having more than 1 input, keying & motion path..
on Jan 21, 2007 at 3:15:44 pm

Once you have attached the ball to the path, select you ball (well... I mean the one in maya!) go to deform, create lattice....

then all you have to do is to animate you lattice points and voila!

good luck..

Markyyy

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Jan 21, 2007 at 4:08:14 pm

That should work, but it might be overkill... joe, can you not just scale the ball??

If the 'scale' channels are locked or controlled by something else, try to find out what's doing so. Unlock them or break the connections to them, and you should be able to set scale keyframes just fine; being path-animated shouldn't affect an object's ability to be scaled.

-Steve

Return to posts index

markyyyy
on Jan 21, 2007 at 4:18:32 pm

That's the first thing I tried, the scale inputs are not locked and setting a keyframe removes the path animation...

Markyyy

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Jan 22, 2007 at 12:16:10 am

What method are you using to set the keyframe? Are you just pressing 's'? If so, that might be overriding the path animation... make sure you're just keying the scale attributes (I like to right-click on the channels in the channel box myself, but there are of course other workflows).

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]