FORUMS: list search recent posts

New cam won't render

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SSGGMM
New cam won't render
on Dec 19, 2006 at 2:33:32 pm

I created a new camera, made it renderable, selected it in the render globals common tab, but only the perspective camera rendered. Tried it again, no luck. So I made the perspective camera non-renderable, yet still... only the perspective camera rendered. I tried to delete the perspective camera from the scene, Maya wouldn't let me. All I want to do is render from the new camera. Maya flatly refuses. Again and again, only the perspective camera will render. Please help.

SGM

Return to posts index

joe
Re: New cam won't render
by
on Dec 19, 2006 at 3:30:08 pm

I had this problem before. I think maya was turning off the camera's render option. I forget what I did to get around it. Did you try turning off perspectives render option? If I remeber what I did I'll post it up... Good luck man

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Dec 21, 2006 at 5:56:32 am

I've had this issue as well and found the fastest way to fix it was to uncheckthe Renderable box on all cameras but the one I wanted. I still don't know why that happens. And it doesn't always happen.

Return to posts index

Ben Insler
on Dec 22, 2006 at 4:51:38 pm

Not to be repetitive of everyone else, but I've had this problem too. Couln't figure it out for the life of me. I think I turned the renderable attribute off on all cameras. Every single one. Then tried to render from my chosen camera without turning any renderable attribute on. I'm not sure, but I think Maya ignores the renderable attribute if it is off for all cameras, but I'm not sure (And this was Maya 6.5). Anyway, good luck!

-Ben

Return to posts index

jibadajaba
on Dec 27, 2006 at 1:38:30 am

I was recently having issues with this same problem myself. Fortunately, I stumbled across a solution that worked for me. Hopefully, this will work for you. Once you have created a camera and set whatever motion path you have decided to use, click Panels-Perspective-(Whatever Camera You Want to Use). If you have difficulties locating the Panels tab, just look at the top left of your perspective window. You should see, View, Shading, Lighting, Show, Panels. That's it. Just go through the Panels option and select your camera. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

SSGGMM
on Dec 27, 2006 at 3:12:06 pm

What seems to work for me is when I select my new render camera immediately afer launching Maya, and rendering something with it. Then I can go to work. MR will then stick to that first camera it was introduced to. Odd.

Serge

Return to posts index

Ramon Populierenbosch
on Jan 16, 2010 at 2:16:55 am

Had the same problem. resetting maya didn't really seem to work, nor did the other things discriped above. But there is a easy way to solve this. Go in your render view screen to IPR > IPR Render and select the camera you like. now the render screen will use the camera you want.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9913/iprrendersolve.jpg

Its working for me, hopefully it will work for you aswell.

regards,

Ramon Peppelenbos.

Return to posts index

Ankush Rohilla
on Jul 30, 2011 at 4:09:49 am

THANX that really worked for me..... You saved my hour of struggling... :)

Return to posts index

Ramon peppelenbos
on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:50:39 am

Glad it worked out =]

Regards,

Ramon Peppelenbos

Return to posts index

Miguel Navajo
on Dec 19, 2013 at 7:14:35 pm

Its working for me too