FORUMS: list search recent posts

ball changing color

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe
ball changing color
by
on Dec 6, 2006 at 7:41:19 pm

I need to have a simple ball that goes from basic colors say, green to blue to red. I have a basic knowledge and understanding of maya. But Im not sure how to pull this one off. My only thought so far is to use video as the shader which is solid colors and make a video of the changing solid colors. Is there a better easier way to do this right within maya? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: ball changing color
on Dec 7, 2006 at 5:20:05 am

Yep! Just keyframe the colour attribute of the ball's shader!

-Steve

Return to posts index

thewanggao
on Dec 7, 2006 at 9:39:39 pm

Is there a way to actually specify that you on;y want to keyframe ONE certain parameter, similar to after effects? I find Maya's keyframing system to be very rudimentary.

Thanks,
Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Dec 8, 2006 at 1:52:48 am

Are you just pressing 's'?

That is the hotkey for 'set keyframe according to the settings stored in the Set Key menu'. One of the possible options there is 'set keyframe for all keyable attributes' and it sounds like that's what you're doing. By changing the settings in the Set Key menu (Animation module -> Animate -> Set Key -> [options box]) you can change this behaviour to key only the currently selected attribute, only the current manipulator handle, etc.

You can also set keys by selecting any combination of channels in the channel box, right-clicking and selecting 'key selected'. You can set keys from the Attribute Editor by right-clicking an attribute. You can turn on the auto-key feature which will automatically track any changes you make to any keyed channel over time and key those. You can use the Graph Editor or the Dope Sheet to insert, transform, cut copy paste and swap keys... are you sure you mean 'rudimentary'?!

As with all features of Maya, any complicated implementation of a command can be scripted and assigned to a hotkey or a shelf button. If you want to make your 's' key set keyframes on the Y-translate of all NURBS objects with Blinn materials--but only if it's currently Tuesday--you can do it.

-Steve

Return to posts index

joe
by
on Dec 8, 2006 at 2:23:36 pm

Yea thanks! I got it figured I gotta right click in the attribute editor to set the keyframe. Many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]