FORUMS: list search recent posts

MAYA- PC or MAC

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
truthchant
MAYA- PC or MAC
on Nov 15, 2006 at 4:46:06 pm

Hello: I was wondering what the advantages are to buying MAYA for MAC as opposed to a PC.

Return to posts index

Donut_
Re: MAYA- PC or MAC
on Nov 15, 2006 at 7:05:27 pm

Though I don't know if this is still true but when I bought maya 6 it came with both a mac and a pc version as well as a Linix and IRIX version as well. Other then the OS it is running on the program is the same on mac and pc. So only advantages are how it will fit in with whatever pipeline you already have set up.

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on Nov 15, 2006 at 9:02:05 pm

Be aware that Maya has (Don't know about Maya 8) has never ran as well on a MAC as it does on a PC.

Search around, there are lots of threads about this, mostly due to video card limitations but also there are small quirks on the MAC version not found on the PC. This might have all been cleaned up in Maya 8 but was the case for Maya 7 and earlier.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

TomKarl
on Nov 16, 2006 at 6:07:55 pm

Bought Maya 8 unlimited, came with install for Mac, PC, or Linux.
Curious how labling for the OS on the install CDs is very small.

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on Nov 16, 2006 at 7:18:01 pm

Yeah, it's always been that way, yet the final authorization you recieve from alias will only work for the OS you intially request. In other words you can't later on down the road switch your license to a different OS (This might be chaninging/already changed). I know people that have migrated there license from 1 OS to another but requires a lot of work with Alias/Autodesk.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

mody
by
on Nov 16, 2006 at 7:24:53 pm

Maya for the OSX Universal is not ready yet so you will not get true performance of Maya on Intel Mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]